It’s the first week of Fortnite season five, which means a new Battle Pass and a new set of challenges for players to tackle and earn goodies from. One of the more difficult challenges is tracking down seven different floating lightning bolts. While it’s not super difficult to find these, they are a little tricky to actually grab. You have to build upwards to reach them.
GameSpot has released a little guide of sorts, with a few listed locations where the staff has found lightning bolts so far. The locations of the lightning bolts don’t change, and there are well over seven of them scattered across the giant Fortnite map. In addition to GameSpot’s writeup, you’ll want to check out the Fortnite subreddit as well for more assistance, if you need it.
Here’s what they have so far:
- West of Tomato Town, above a small hill
- West of Wailing Woods, above a small hill
- In the northwest most corner of Junk Junction
- Lonely Lodge, directly west of the top floor of the tall tower
- Above a house in the northwest corner of Salty Springs
- Southeast of Shifty Shafts, just north of the bridge
- Between two large mountains east/southeast of Haunted Hills
This challenge is worth five Battle Stars, so it’s definitely worth going after. This Fortnite season has organizing things a little differently, and challenges are now separated into two categories: free and Battle Pass.
Here’s everything for week one:
Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500) -- 5 Battle Stars
Search a Supply Llama (1) -- 5 Battle Stars
Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations (3) -- 10 Battle Stars
Search chests in Snobby Shores (7) -- 5 Battle Stars
Search floating Lightning Bolts (7) -- 5 Battle Stars
Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels (1) -- 10 Battle Stars
Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3) -- 10 Battle Stars